Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Motivation

Or rather lack thereof. I've been having issues ever since we had to roll back the clocks an hour. I awake with my novel characters cavorting around my brain - banging into various nerve endings, sending my arms and legs shooting out from beneath the covers. Not really, but they're trying to get me out of bed in the middle of the night so I can tell their story. And I'm not about to leave the soft comfort of my pillow.

But then, when I finally arise after slapping the snooze button at least 10 times, I must rush to work. Then I rush to my home office and work some more. Then the guilt speaks in its creepy little voice, "You haven't exercised all week. You haven't walked the dog today. Are those cobwebs hanging on the light? Why haven't you worked on your novel? It's almost June and you promised yourself you'd have it ready to submit."

ARGH!


So here I sit, doing some work, taking a break and writing this blog, and now returning to my work.


I'm going to stare at my friends Laurie and Bonnie, both of whom have published works, and see if their faces will inspire me. :^)

3 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

I"m in the same boat. I've been in a rut and now I'm ready to get motivated again.

Let's go girl! We can do it! :0)

See, I feel motivated already.

:0D

Christy

Maggie said...

So let's kick each other in the butt and get moving again. OK? But now it's almost 11:30pm and I'm off to bed. Hummm, something wrong with this??

Anonymous said...

That's inspiring?? Eeekkk...




Laurie