Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall into Business

It's September. Colleges are halfway through the first term. Local schools are in full swing. And I'm traveling.

Determined to have finished the latest re-visioning of my MG fantasy, Dragon Tears, I joined up with a friend of mine to write 2 days a week. It worked well, for the first week. Then the trips lined up.

The trip to north Jersey to visit my parents for their birthdays.
The trip this coming weekend to the Carolinas SCBWI Writer's Conference (Yeah!)
The trip next weekend to NC State for parents weekend.
The trip the weekend following that for UNC parent's weekend.

Then I believe we're home ... until my trip to Blowing Rock on 10/17 to trail ride for the weekend.

And then we're home for good. I think.

What about my story? Words float screaming to be written. Jack is sullen that he's forced to remain quiet while I flit from place to place.

But the day after tomorrow (not the movie) I drive to Durham to get a much needed shot of "kick in the butt" motivation to finish this draft of the book. Then one final draft to pull together all the parts and pieces of all the various story threads and then I'm done. Finito. Finished. Ended. At least until the next review.

I'm anxious to return to work on Dutchman's Creek (my ghost story). As a friend of mine posted on her blog, sometimes a decrepit building can bring a story to mind. This is my muse for Dutchman's Creek:





1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! that house is begging to have stories told!

This 'friend' of yours must be a creative genius! ;0)

Christy