Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yike!!

I had such a wonderful time at the Carolina SCBWI conference this past weekend. We checked in Friday afternoon and didn't stop discussing writing & illustrating until, well, I guess it stopped when I walked in the front door of my house when I returned earlier today.

My head is swimming with ideas, challenges, and thoughts of future stories. Many terrific people jazzed and inspired me.

The schedule was very busy but I made some time to catch up with old friends and make a few new ones. It would have been nice to be able to kick back and chat more, then again, I'd have to miss one of the workshops!

Being the "conference photographer" (ya'll might not agree once you see some of the pictures) I was moving and hopping all over the place. This afforded me many opportunities to sneak a peak at everything that was going on.

Now I'm home, my body kinda tingles as it's finally beginning to relax.

Yikes! So much to remember...So much to do...So much more writing that will have to wait until I reassess my characters.

And I promise to upload some pictures soon. :^))

2 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

It was good to see you again! I'm looking forward to next year!

Christy

ian sands said...

You made the number 1 spot on Ian's Top Seven SCBWI-NC Conference 2008 Comments

#1. Ouch! That's gonna bruise!

http://goaliesgroup.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-top-seven-scbwi-nc-conference-2008.html