Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All a Twitter

There's been much talk lately about Twitter. It's being compared to the status line of facebook, but one where you can update your status via cell phones and computers. Why Twitter? I'm not sure but I've signed up and invited all my writing friends to join me. This way we might be able to help keep each other on track with our works. Or maybe not.

I've also read an article where Twitter was being used for business advertising and promotions. Hum. Guess you'd really need to focus on not interjecting anything really personal on your status. HA! I began Facebook with the intent of making it a business venture but alas, it turned into fun, games, and keeping up with my friends. I wonder if Twitter will work for me?

Have any of you Twittered lately? I'd love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started to Twitter, but so far haven't been terribly impressed with it. I've got enough other places to check with blogs and email and writing groups, I just don't need one more. I may go back to it one day, but for now it's a little less clutter in my life to simply ignore it.

Maggie said...

The only thing I like is getting CNN breaking news on my phone...plus I did find one very interesting person with lots of wonderful writing ideas. But that's it so far.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie - I found you on the Twit Group's NAWBO page. I love Twitter - and oddly enough just posted a lengthy post on a discussion forum about it. You can read it here:
http://www.webproworld.com/search-engine-optimization-forum/74907-twitter-social-networking-useful-search-engine-optimization.html#post407366
In short though I suggest you give it time. The more people you connect with in general, the more value it will have - kind of like fax machines!