Saturday, April 26, 2008

Allergies!!

It's not hot enough to turn on the a/c so all the windows are tossed wide open. And this morning my throat itched and my nose was clogged. The white van is pollen yellow and took a trip to the car wash. How long it remains white is yet to be determined.

I dug up my old nasonex left over from last year, give it some really long shakes, then dosed myself. Ahhhh. Within minutes my nose and itchy throat cleared.

Unfortunately, that was the time I walked into the giant yard sale at my church. I wish I still couldn't see because then I wouldn't have bought the adorable horse hanging, or the crochet thread, or the books. LOL But the money went to a good cause - we're trying to hire a music director to head up not only the choir, but also our Praise Band and the hand chimes. Hope they make tons of money today.

You may have heard about my pets before. If not, let me introduce you to our craziest kitty. Her name is Emma and she totally enjoys plastic bags, anything she can chew, and attacking my fingers at they attempt to fly across a keyboard. Nothing is safe from this fun loving little feline. She's helped our older two cats remember how to play and she keeps them on their toes. Even our two dogs (black lab mixes) are taken with her. The female canine, Thunder, tries to mother Emma but the cat won't stand for it. Of course, when we first got Emma she was 4 weeks old and when Thunder tried to clean her, the poor kitty was tossed across the room. Thunder didn't understand the power of her nudging nose.

Well, I don't know what else the day will bring. I'm hoping to ride Jack again today, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Yesterday he was so sweet and actually came to me in the paddock. This is the first time since I got him in 2005 that he's ever come to me. Guess he missed me? Nah, he just missed my treats. LOL It felt really, really good getting in the saddle again. Wish me luck that I'll get to see him either today or tomorrow!

1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! I also have 2 dogs (one black lab mix) and a cat, I espcially love your description of your cute kitty and the "power of the nudging nose!" cute! :0)

Good luck to your church and the fund raiser!

Christy