Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ahhh, I love the Coolth

Summer descended upon us too quickly and I almost succumbed to powering up the old A/C unit. Simply having the ceiling fan on wasn't enough. An old fashioned oscillating fan joined the electronic thrumming and we managed to survive the couple of nights where it rose to the low 70's. (Wait, my husband was bundled under the covers so I guess it was mainly me having the heat issues.)

But the rain brought forth the cool temperatures and I've totally enjoyed frolicking in the outdoors without a jacket or sweater! The sun bringing forth all shades of green, buds suddenly ready to burst on potted plants, and trees shedding their blooms. Ah, a taste of Spring.

Unfortunately, I've been editing my son's college paper, working, and hoping my son has finally removed his clothes from the dryer so I can put mine in.

I need my writing buddy back. Bonnie!!! Come home! I need to sit at your table, nursing my frozen mint mocha coffee, stare at my laptop screen and WRITE!!!! For tomorrow, before the summer temperatures decide to return for the next several months, I plan to squander my afternoon with my horse, Jack. :^))

No comments: