Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally Friday

I awoke with a start from a major big sleep this morning. The phone rang by my head but I refused to answer it. The grips of the dream still held me from reality.

I LOVE my Friday morning dreams. My husband has already left for work, my son leaves for school, and I grab some extra sleep time. Friday is my day off from work, family, and most chores. Friday is my day to write - to create and continue building the adventures of Jack and Kenny in my children's fantasy novel Dragon Tears. Friday is my day.

I was saddened to learn that my Friday morning writing partner is unable to meet with me today. She has more important things to do, like take her dearest friend to the doctor. Yeah, this is way more important than writing, but I'll miss her today and wish wonderful news from the doctor visit.

Remember I spoke about the beautiful flowers I received earlier this week? I brought them home and took a couple of pictures, but they don't do them justice. However, I've included one of them so you can get an idea of how gorgeous they are. Everyone is just so great to work with - my job is really fun.
As I sit here trying to ease into my Friday morning writing routine, I see work papers staring at me, crying for their website to be update (which it drastically needs) and for more marketing articles to be researched, written and posted on the Information Center portion of my site, and , and, and, ...
Sigh. A cold shower...not...should help me get into the swing of things. The cats are crying for their breakfast, the coffee is brewing, I'm going to turn off the phone and close down my Outlook. Then maybe I'll find the quiet and peace to hear Jack, or Steggy (the baby dragon), or Merlin.
Emma, my 7 month old kitten, also needs to be removed from my desk as she'll attacking my bag of pens and flipping herself as she tosses and bites the pens inside my plastic bags. Oops, now she's grabbing my hand. ARGHHH

No comments: