Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Can't Wait!

Tomorrow is Friday and I can't wait to head to my friend Bonnie's house and write. I need to finish re-visioning of my novel, but at the same time, I'm discovering I need to re-visit my analysis of the protagonist, nemesis' (what's the plural of nemesis?), and antagonist. It's distracting to have all these thoughts collide while I'm trying to only do one task at a time.

Why don't I schedule time to analyze that distinct from my writing time? I don't know. There never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done. Take today, for example. I finished work at the office around 2 pm then headed home to toss the sheets into the laundry and see if there was anything important that I needed to attend to with regards to my printing business. There wasn't. Yet it is now 4 pm and I've still not put the sheets into the laundry and I didn't have any pressing work issues.

Where has the past 2 hours gone?

Yes, I did pay some bills and transfer money around online.

Yes, I did play 2 games of spider solitaire.

Yes, I followed my son's directions and looked at a video on youtube.com which led me to look at others as well. Oh, I get it. This is where my time went. Hummmmm.

So I leave everyone with this one thought: If you really want to get something done, DO NOT USE your computer! It's way too distracting. HA HA HA

And now it's also too late to see my horse. But definitely tomorrow after I spend a good several hours writing!

Thanks for coming home, Bonnie!!

No comments: