Sunday, June 22, 2008

Amazement & Confusion

After rising early to ride my horse with a couple of friends, I took a walk this afternoon and was amazed. Astonished. Totally awed. I actually was feeling a little bit more fit.

I joined Curves last Tuesday to try and remove some of my rolls and, while I worked out four days last week, nothing happened. I began including a walk and thus far have put on 4.25 miles in 6 days. Not bad for just starting out, is it?

Anyway, today while I was walking, there was a change in how I felt. The book I was reading (yes, I read while I walk - it's actually pretty simple to do and helps the time go by more quickly) didn't distract me enough for me not to notice my legs felt good. And I was holding in my stomach, working all those muscles. And I didn't get totally exhausted after a mile.

Wow! I'm amazed!

But now my butt aches because I've been critiquing manuscripts most of the afternoon and I'm tired of sitting. I'd write, but I can't seem to focus on the book. Why is that? Why am I having so much difficulty in using my free time to work on my book? What am I actually avoiding? I"m completely confused as to why this is happening. It's not writers block because I know the details of the story line and what's going to happen next. The story is there. But I'm having difficulty disciplining myself to buckle down. Is this a form of writer's block?????

1 comment:

Dena said...

I'm right there with you, Maggie. I think it's fear--fear that the images and ideas we have in our heads won't translate as well on the page. So it's easier to NOT put them down. What do you think?