Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beach Trip Blues

Today's Sunday and the house is quiet. 100+ temperatures has drained everybody. The stifling heat was brutal during the graduation ceremonies, and again yesterday as we toured Chapel Hill and NC State campus' in a van blasting a/c. It's hot.

Did you know you can be cold and still sweat?

The family leaves Tuesday morning and it makes me sad. It's so much fun having them in the house that time speeds by. It seems they have just arrived loaded with goodies and then they're gone.

OK, enough of this. I'm just feeling a bit blue because my son is at the beach and I'm not. :^))

I love the beach - sitting in the sand under an umbrella, reading, but mostly listening to the surf which totally relaxes me. Closing my eyes reveals scents in the ocean spray, the cries of the gulls, the far-off laughter and screams of children.


I don't think we're taking a vacation this year. Everyone is working and schedules are becoming very complicated. We might be able to squeeze a long weekend rafting trip on summer low rivers. Not the excitement of fall dam releases where water slushes high and fast. Our trip will be more like coasting on a lazy river in an inner tube, laughing while sluggish waters carry you in the warm summer sun. Then home to the campsite with smokey fires cooking burgers and beans. I can hear it already -- there's no wi-fi connection up here -- we don't have cell phone coverage -- there's nothing to do -- isn't there a TV around somewhere? -- can we take the car to go .... anywhere?? Perhaps I exaggerate how a 20 year old and an 18 year old would react to the trip? HAHAHAHA

I miss the beach and our friends who usually accompany us. So this is a big beach HELLO to everyone. :^))






No comments: