Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Behind the Eight Ball

My parents and sister returned home today. It left me sad because it will be six months until I see them again. Everyone's schedules are so jumbled and it's difficult to just "pop in" to visit when they're 9.5 hours away. And you know what I just realized? For the first time ever, we forgot to take a family portrait! Turn the car around - we must take care of this!!

I cannot see the top of my desk. The bill pile has fallen over, scattering on top of the return address labels I printed for Jimmy's graduation announcements that were finally mailed the day after graduation. OK, I admit it. It was my fault. Somehow I couldn't remember where I stored all my addresses (they're not on this computer so I thought I had lost them). It finally occurred to me they were on my other computer, the old laptop. By the time I copied them to the new computer and sent them to Jimmy, it was already the day before graduation. So if you receive yours a bit late, DON'T BLAME THE KID! HA HA HA HA

I'm far behind in my online class and in the review of manuscripts for our critique meeting tomorrow night. I'll begin tackling the ms in a few moments but it will take more time to catch up with the class. Then I also need to get back to my novel.

It's funny how company made me fall behind in just about everything! Or perhaps it was the excuse of company?

Ah, well, there are no more excuses. Time to buckle down and get out from behind the eight ball. Don't you just love cliches??

1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

Good Luck playing catch up Maggie!

You can do it!!! *\o/*

Christy
:0)