Friday, May 16, 2008

The Challenge - Day 4

Yes, I know today's Friday and it really should be Day 5, but I didn't have a chance to write yesterday. That all changed today. Wow! Great Muses struck at Bonnie's house this morning. Jack and the gang wanted me to crank out their story and I sure did. What also helped me keep writing was ordering a sandwich that wonderful Frank picked up for me. And even though I hit a break point, Frank hadn't returned with lunch so both Bonnie and I kept plugging. What a GREAT morning! A morning that lasted until 2:30 pm. HA HA

Then the reality of paying work settled upon me and I put in a couple of hours. But it's almost 6 on a Friday night. Jimmy has two friends over - they're playing guitars, singing, and giggling. It's wonderful noise that fills me with peace. This is what I miss when the boys are away. This is what's going to be so hard to stand next year.


But they're growing up. And I'm growing rounder. I'm trying a new form of exercise - reading while I walk. I've discovered that my peripheral vision can keep me on the edge of the road without distracting me from my book. Great way to accomplish something I love (reading) with something I need (walking). My foot hurts from the surgery, so maybe I pushed a little too hard, but hey, I gotta get back into my pants!

The pictures are from my front yard. I love spring and all the colors it brings. :^))

No comments: