Monday, May 19, 2008

Dirty Little Secret

I've begun an online course taught by Keena Kincaid. It's only a two week course and I'm really looking forward to it. Tonight's the first night - and many (human) errors (mine) were ironed out. :^))

The course is called "Dirty Little Secret" and we're going to concentrate on how a little secret can completely affect our character's behavior...from how they sit, smile, hold their head, to how they speak and the clothes they wear.

It's going to be exciting - although, sigh, I can already see how it's going to affect my main character in Dragon Tears. NOOOOOO!!! I don't want to do yet ANOTHER full revision!!!!

But Keena's already gotten me thinking about a secret that's affecting my character, Jack. No, not my horse, Jack. My character. Jack in Dragon Tears had his name long before I bought Jack the horse. Is it coincidence? Or something else...... You decide.

I've got to download some pictures for my class and then study them.

If the course gets me thinking like it's already doing, it's well worth the couple of bucks to take it.

I'll keep you posted without giving away how Keena's secrets. All I know is that it should be very fun.

And no, I haven't completed today's writing challenge of spending 15 minutes with my novel. I'm off to dinner instead.

Ciou. And bon appetite!

No comments: