Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Create-A-Story

How about we create our own story? Here's the beginning. You just add whatever you feel should follow. Together we can create a fun "masterpiece." Or not. LOL
--------------------------
It's sticky warm tonight. The wind finally ceased rocking the tree limps back and forth across the yard. Stillness quiets even the crickets and peepers. Nothing moves. Except me.

The ground sinks beneath my feet, squishing water between my toes. Yet I walk on toward the shadows under the trees. They're calling my name and I cannot resist. Shadows, bleak and stark. Waiting.

I'm breathless with anticipation. I am breathless as fear courses through my veins leaving me tingling. I pause.

They call.

I step forward. Pause. I turn back the way I came, back toward the gloomy shack that I called home. But there's nothing for me there. Not any longer.

Once again I face front and step even closer to them. Giving myself to their ways, I surrender to the dark.
------------------
OK, now who's going to add the next piece of the story??

No comments: