Saturday, May 24, 2008

Prom Nite

My youngest son attended his Sr HS Prom Nite tonite. It was great fun during the preliminaries where parents took tons of pictures, including moi. I've posted them on my facebook for the kids to enjoy.

I can't remember the last time I dressed formally and had a true 'date' with a man. I miss that. The closeness - the uniqueness - the specialty of the evening. I know I can get this at a picnic at Pilot's Mountain, or a private camping trip. But it's been a long time since I've experienced this kind of intimacy. Now I have wrinkled hands, age spots, and flabby arms. But I still smile and am happy. Wonder why?

I won't be able to share this level of closeness again with either of my children. My boys are turning into adults, responsible and self-sufficient. They don't need me any more - at least until they get married and have children of their own. Then, perhaps, they might need me during those first few weeks with a newborn, or later, they might remember that they don't know everything about raising a toddler, and maybe both sets of parents might know a tiny bit.

I'm happy I'm not young. But I'm not happy that I'm so old. Yet I'm happy with my life. This doesn't make sense, but if you think about it, it just might.

I love my life. My family. My everything. :^))

1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

wow! that mirror shot is awesome!

And don't worry, there may never be another senior prom, but a child always needs their momma! I know I could never do w/o mine and my hubby has a very special relationship with his mother. I've noticed that Mom's and their sons have a very special and unique relationship. Though it may change with the ages, it always remains special. (((((hugs)))))) I'll still give out hugs because even though change can be good, it can still be rough.

Christy
http://ChristysCreativeSpace.blogspot.com